On September 25, 2015, 193 world leaders adopted the post-2015 development agenda, “Transforming our world: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.” Agreed to by consensus, the Agenda is a plan of action for people (to end extreme poverty and ensure that all human beings can fulfill their potential in a healthy environment); planet (to protect earth from degradation so that it can support the needs of the present and future generations); and prosperity (to ensure that all human beings can enjoy prosperous lives in peaceful, inclusive and just societies). This plan cannot be attained without peace or without partnerships, mobilizing global solidarity.
Heads of State and Government representatives adopted a comprehensive set of Goals and Targets to ensure the full implementation of an Agenda of unprecedented scope and significance. The Global Goals, as the Sustainable Development Goals are also known, came into effect in January 2016 to build on the success of the Millennium Development Goals.
They are a set of ambitious 17 Goals and 169 Targets and are meant for all countries and for all people. The goals are integrated and indivisible, and balance the three dimensions of sustainable development: economic, social and environmental.
The SDGs work in the spirit of partnership; they provide a common blueprint for all of us to tackle the most critical problems in the world while ensuring no one is left behind.
For the 2016 report on the Sustainable Development Goals please click here or access the icons below individually. To learn more about the individual goals you can visit the United Nations Sustainable Knowledge Platform.
CORPORATE VOLUNTEERING AND THE SDGs
Working closely with the UN and our stakeholders, we are creating tools and frameworks to promote awareness on the critical role of corporations in the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals. With the support of the UNSSC, IMPACT 2030 is leveraging existing knowledge and education resources to help organizations deepen their understanding of the Sustainable Development Agenda and to identify practical steps that businesses can take towards the achievement of the SDGs through the alignment of their corporate volunteer efforts.
“Following the adoption of the Agenda, the UNSSC Knowledge Centre for Sustainable Development was created to provide learning and training around the Agenda 2030 and the Paris Agreement on Climate Change. What do these Agendas mean in practice? How do we change behaviors to get there? How do we partner and engage others? And what type of leadership is required?
“Working with IMPACT 2030 provides a brilliant opportunity to talk, understand and learn from each other. It opens possibilities to connect and better partner with the private sector to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.”
Patrick van Weerelt, Head of Office of the UN System Staff College (UNSSC), Knowledge Centre for Sustainable Development.
- The Future Starts Now video – the opening film for High-level Thematic Debate on achieving the SDGs on 21 April 2016, directed by Natalia Vega Berry of Global Brain and edited by Steve Bell from Cutters.
- The World’s Largest Lesson
- The World’s Largest Lesson 2
- Spice Girls/Project Everyone #WhatIReallyReallyWant
- The Future Starts Now
- We have a Plan
- ‘We the People’ for The Global Goals (The Global Goals Resources)
- Numbers in Action (The Global Goals Resource)
- How We Can Make the World a Better Place by 2030 | Michael Green | TED Talks
- Do schools kill creativity?
Videos in Spanish
- Canción de los Objetivos de Desarrollo Sostenible | SDG Song
- Los Objetivos de Desarrollo Sostenible – qué son y cómo alcanzarlos | The SDGs. What they are and how to reach them
- ODS – Los 17 Objetivos de Desarrollo Sostenible | The SDGS – The 17 Sustainable Development Goals
- Gender Equality – Business for 2030: Forging a path for business in the UN 2030 development agenda
- Global Overview of Business Contributions to the SDGs
- Leading Corporations Use Volunteering to Achieve UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Measuring Our Progress – Business for 2030: Forging a path for business in the UN 2030 development agenda
- Media Centre for Global Goals
- Multi-lingual SDGs Social Media package
- Official Global Goals page
- Review of the Sustainable Development Goals and Targets: The Science Perspective
- SDG Compass Guide: For companies aligning their strategies to the SDGs
- Smurfs to the SDGs
- Sustainable Development Goals and Targets
- Sustainable Development Goals Report 2016
- Sustainable Development Knowledge Platform
- Sustainable Development Goals interactive site
- The Global Business Alliance for 2030
- The SDG Knowledge Hub. A project by the International Institute for Sustainable Development.
- The WORLD’S LARGEST LESSON MATERIALS! Tools to teach young people about the Goals and encourage them to become the generation that changed the world.
- UNV Responding to the 2030 Agenda: Volunteering as Essential in Achieving Sustainable Development
- UN Sustainable Development Goals